Springtime - Time to Prepare your Motorhome or Caravan
With signs of Spring all around us, we start getting excited about the new camping and caravanning season ahead. If you are a caravan or motorhome owner, you'll probably want to give your van a good clean after the long winter months and make sure that everything is in working order. Here are our tips :
1. Vacuum everywhere, including curtains and upholstery.
2. Restock your toiletries, loo roll, washing up liquid etc.
3. Clean out your fridge and oven.
4. Flush through the water system and your containers with sterilising fluid.
5. Attach a gas bottle then test that the fridge, heater, cooker and internal electrics are working.
6. Lubricate the underfloor spare wheel carrier.
7. Check tyres, including the spare, for signs of wear and check tyre pressure.
8. Get a service.
9. Check the hitch is working and lubricate if necessary.
10. Make sure all lights are working with no faulty bulbs or cracked glass.
11. Check the number plate is secure (remember to change it if you've changed your car!)
12. Inspect window seals to make sure they are in good condition and not worn or perished.
13. Clean exterior with a good quality cleaning product and wax.
14. Finally, open all doors and windows to give your caravan a good airing.
And head off for your next adventure!!
- Sue Adderley